Friday, May 28, 2010

Falling in love with Him

Sorry I haven't wrote for some time work has been busy but good I think I'm doing a good job. God has been amazing in the way He is helping me understand what I need to do at work. I have been able to do a little sightseeing it's so beautiful up here. I've met some really nice people and the church I've been going to seems to really love Jesus. I'm going home next weekend and I am so excited I can't wait to see my beautiful wife and girls it should be fun and much needed.
God has been teaching me alot and I have been trying to use the down time to read and try to learn all He has in store for us. I went to the library and two books almost jumped off the shelf at me. The first one is called The Dream Giver by Bruce Wilkerson. It spoke right to me i went through it in a day. It talks about God has give us all a dream a desire to do something and the key to finding it is to get over our fear and just go after it. The key is understanding how your dream ties in with what God wants to do through you. Many times our plans fail because we do them for ourselves not for God. (been there done that) The second one is Passion for Jesus by Mike Bickle. It talks about falling in love with Jesus and how if we truly love Someone we will seve them no matter the cost. It talks about how most of us get bored with christianity because we don't truly Love God and understand His love for us. I know this if I could get to the point that I love god as much as my wife and understand His love for me is so far more then that it would be so easy to serve others with compassion and love.
I'm so thankful for this time and I believe God want to and is going to do mighty things through Tara and I He is just trying to get us to see things through His eyes and that is up to us. Continue to pray for Gods direction and will
Serving Him
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment