Monday, April 19, 2010

It's not the destination but the transformation

Well had a good weekend. It was very quit really too quit. I worked in the yard with the owner of the house hauling leaves an limbs and helped him plan out a garden. I then went to church and it was really good the message was titled "But God.... That's not what I had in mind". It was about doing things you know God wants u to do even when you don't want to. The preacher said faith is doing what God wants even when it's not what I want. Go figure I am right in the middle of that. Tara and I are really learning to value each other and our family. We are learning that the journey is not about the destination, it's about the transformation. We are usually so concerned with the end result that we fail to realize what God wants to do each and every day to transform our hearts.
The place I'm staying is nice and the owners are commuted to making this a home away from home. Today was hard because I wanted to be home to celebrate Mary Paiges birthday thanks to technology I was able to watch her open her presents and sing happy birthday. She looked so beautiful and Tara made her birthday special just like she always does. Keep praying I'm hoping to come home for the girls dance recital the first weekend in June and I hope Tara can come out one weekend we just want to do Gods will. I miss everyone very much. The job is good I'm settling in and learning everything I need to do the job right. Thanks to everyone for ur prayers a continued support
Matt

6 comments:

  1. Although I know this must be incredibly hard for you all, I'm so impressed that you are hanging in there. Prayers going up for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. W.O.W. Matt, I am so glad you got to see the Birthday Celebration. God is so good to us! I am also so glad you were right in that church, hearing that sermon, at just the right time. It is not about the destination, but the transformation. Hmmm, God's got a word for me in that. He is faithful, ALL THE TIME. We miss you and love you. Praying you get to make that trip home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missed you last night at our family birthday party for Mary Paige ... praying for you daily!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tara and Matt - I finally just had a chance to sit down and read all these posts and catch up on things at least from here this afternoon while the girls were sleeping. Wow - what awesome testimonies from you both. I am so amazed at the work God is up to in your lives. We love you guys and will certainly keep praying for you all. Tara - we hope to see you guys very soon when Baby Skipper arrives maybe. Good to talk to you for a moment last night and hope we can catch up more very soon. Love you all! - Sarah (sorry this shows up with my work email account on google - I cannot figure out how to change it)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like God has you right where you are supposed to be. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Matt, It was a pleasure to have you join us at Simple Supper tonight at church. We were happy to share in your story -- God is doing amazing things in your life and will continue to do so as you and your family walk with Him. God is good -- all the time! Jan Gallop

    ReplyDelete